This feature will help admins put all zip codes and cities together to build bigger areas across states, countries, or any regular location boundary. This is a simple grouping tool based on cities, neighborhoods, zip codes; it also helps end-users when searching for their common usage area, like "Downtowns," "Lake Tahoe," "Lake Maggiore" places or areas that only exists in their collective imagination but in the official location boundaries.
★ The admin is the only person in charge to manage "Custom Cities"; only an admin has access to define zip codes and cities related to each.
Goals & Benefits
- Improve the overall search experience by improving accuracy for “Properties” searches.
- Improve the search system’s ability to understand a user’s intent better.
- Provide users with more tools to find the right property on the site.
- Improvement to web site user experience when searching for properties.
- When you search by “Big Island" or "Hawaiʻi Island,” you mean the bigger island in Hawaii, the Island of Hawaiʻi, but Hawai'i has many zip codes, places inside, so we need to group all listings under "Big Island" or "Hawaiʻi Island” or any other zip code or city name to build the custom city ensure people will found the right set of properties.
- "Lake Tahoe" is a large lake in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, USA; this place includes 15 different cities and more than 20 different zip codes; this is because the lake is straddling California's border and Nevada states. People's common reference to this region is "Lake Tahoe" because they reference all the houses, resorts, and beaches the lake has around.
- The entire area is considered "Sun Valley," even though the homes might be in Ketchum, Sun Valley, or Hailey. In fact, the area's most expensive homes are usually in the Hailey zip code. No one will be looking for "Ketchum" or "Hailey" when they are thinking about this area; they will all be searching by Sun Valley -- we don't want them missing out on listings because they don't know the geography of an area.
For additional assistance, contact us online, or call 888-458-3943
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I create a new custom city?
A. To find detailed step-by-step instructions on creating a new custom City view the article here. Remember, only administrators have access to manage this type of item. If you are not an admin, please contact your site administrator.
Q. How can I edit a current custom city?
A. Only Administrators can edit a custom city; in this article, you will find details on searching, editing, and validating the changes in a custom city available on the site.
Q. How can I delete a current custom city?
A. Only Administrators can remove a custom city; in this article, you will find details on how to remove a custom city available on the site.
Q. How and where, as an end-user, will we see these custom cities?
A. This feature is available to anyone how uses the property search on the site; the"Custom city" is visible under the suggestions section call "Regions." These regions will appear when the search criteria match the name of the "Custom city," helping people find the site's right properties.