Content is king, and emails are not the exception; your email content should always provide value to your recipients, as well as be engaging. Always ask yourself:
- Is this spammy?
- Is this the type of email I would find useful if I'm buying/rental/selling a property?
- Is this what my lead is looking for? Is what they said to me?
- If I got this email, how it make me feel? Excited? Boring?
These simple questions will help you get better listings and information for your customer. If your email doesn't reflect the good opportunity you find, your customer won't notice the good deal you find; you need to explain it and fulfill their expectations.
Every email campaign has 4 different parts:
- A subject
- A message
- A content (Listings)
Best practices: Message
- Be conversational; you are building a new relationship with your customers, which might be the first communication approach. Is not gonna be short-term, be friendly, be assertive.
- Don't waste people's time; share what they want, what they need, what they ask you, don't try to sell that property everyone can not sell is not the right way, be efficient first.
- Tell the story, be inspiring, buy their next home, where they are going to have their family, and help them see them in your properties.
- Teach, teach, teach, help your customers know why the market is expensive, why this is a better opportunity, and they will appreciate and trust in you.
- Connect with your subject, be sure to continue the communication from the subject with your message and listings, those are closely related.
Example of a good message: (Always could be shorter)
Subject: Chosen, For you
John Here’s the thing…
When you start looking at houses in-person, it gets hard to remember what you do/don’t like and is also slower. I'm here to help you find your next home; here are some opportunities I chose for you.
If these are not what you are looking for, let me know what you like and what you don't find better properties (answer this email).
Where do I type the message for my campaigns?
Step by step:
- Login to your account.
- Go to your listings section, My portfolio.
- Find the marketing kit button at the top of the page.
- Select the properties you want to send, using the checkboxes on their photos.
- You can send up to 8 properties per email.
- Click the button "Send properties", this will open a modal window with the email form.
- The first fields are emails, then you have a Subject line and after that the message field
- Type your text in the field.
For additional assistance, contact us online, or call 888-458-3943