Content is king, and emails are not the exception; especially when they are full of opportunities for buying the next home or the next investment; your email content should always provide value based on your customer's needs, as well as be engaging. Always ask yourself:
- Is this spammy?
- Is this the type of property I would find interesting if I'm buying/rental/selling a property?
- Is this what my lead is looking for? Is what they asked me?
- If I got this email, how it make me feel? Excited? Boring?
Your portfolio is the source of your powers. Your properties on it are your product; you need to know them. You need to understand why those are or not opportunities. With that understanding, you will be able to connect that with your customer's intentions. To always share valuable information.
Every email campaign has 4 different parts:
- A subject
- A message
- A content (Listings)
Best practices: Content (Listings)
- Match expectations, always share your customer requests' information, don't waste their time showing properties they cannot afford or don't want (This might work against you).
- Think from your empathy, always understand your customer wants, investment, next home, family home, single home, man's cave, what they want and why? What's the budget?
- Be Careful with budgets; no one wants to feel they can not buy their dream home, share properties in the right range or slightly up or down is key; always affordable properties to them.
- Search and use the site's tools; you have a full site full of properties and opportunities, take the time to review the site, to find new opportunities, to digg with the information you have from your customer, per location, per budget, per intentions, per interest, etc.
Where do I select the properties for my campaigns?
Step by step:
- Login to your account.
- Go to your listings section, My portfolio.
- Find the marketing kit button at the top of the page, click on it.
- Select the properties you want to send, using the checkboxes on their photos.
- You can send up to 8 properties per email.
- Click the button "Send properties", this will open a modal window with the email form.
- Next to the form, you will see the selected properties.