These instructions are for setting up a dedicated PC to display your entire office's property websites! This is great for use in office lobbies, meeting rooms, and anywhere you might grab a potential buyers eye!
- Go to your Office Summary Tab.
- Scroll down, you will see a link labeled "Slideshow". Click in the box containing the link.
- Your link will highlight, right-click on the highlighted link and choose "Copy".
- Minimize all open windows until your reach your Windows Desktop. Expert Tip - You can press Crtl+D to navigate directly to your desktop
- Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse over "New" and then select "Shortcut".
- A new window will appear. Click the "Browse" button.
- Click "Computer", "Local Disk (C:)", "Program Files", "Internet Explorer", "iexplore.exe". Click "Ok" Expert Tip- Instead of clicking "Browse", you can type '"%programfiles%/internet explorer/iexplore.exe"', the quotation marks are necessary.
- Now we need to add perimeters to launch your inventory in full screen mode. Click to the right of the highlighted path, the text should no longer be highlighted. Type a space after the path and "-k". Add another space. Now, right-click and choose "paste" to paste your previously copied "Slideshow" link. See screenshot below for an example of how your shortcut text should appear.
- Enter a name for your shortcut. Example: TourFactory Full Screen Inventory.
- Click "Finish".
Now we need to set this page to open every time the computer is restarted. We are going to achieve this by copying your newly created shortcut to your "Startup" folder. First, right-click on your new shortcut and select "Copy".
- Click on your Windows "Start" button.
Click "All programs".
- Right-click on the folder titled "Startup" and select "Explore all users".
- A new window will now appear displaying the contents of your "Startup" folder. Right-click on the folder and select "Paste". Your shortcut should now appear in your "Startup" folder.
We now want to adjust the screen saver and power settings for this computer. This will ensure your office inventory displays on the screen without interruption. Right-click on your Desktop and select "Personalize"
- Select "Screen Saver" from the bottom right.
- Use the drop-down menu to select "(None)" as your screen saver and click "Apply".
Click "Change power settings".
- On the left side, click "Create a power plan".
- Type a name for your power plan, I recommend "Always On". Click Next.
Change the drop-down menu for both "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to "Never", click Create.
- (Steps 24-28 are optional) - We now want to set this computer to start up without requiring a login. Click your Windows "Start" button.
- In the search bar, type "netplwiz" and press enter on your keyboard.
- A new window will appear showing the computer's current users. Remove the check mark next to "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" and click "Apply". If you do not see this checkbox, contact your office IT professional for further assistance.
A new window will appear prompting you to enter your password. Once you have entered your password, click "OK".
Click "OK" on the User Accounts window.
- Each time your computer is restarted it will automatically log in and begin displaying your office's property website inventory!
For additional assistance, contact us at 888-458-3943 email@example.com